Pages

Thursday 12 September 2019

Sleep Hygiene

Sleep Hygiene


WALT: understand what factors promote good sleep


Today we learnt about what factors help us to sleep well and what factors impede sleep.
We made a table to show what we had found.



Habits & behaviour to promote sleep
  • Drink milk before bed
  • Read before bed
  • Draw before bed
  • Listen to soft music
  • Relax and do something calming
  • Have the right lit room
  • Have a regular schedule for sleeping
  • Leave door open to let heat in
  • Have a shower or bath before bed (warm/hot)




Habits & behaviour that hinder sleep
  • Drinking caffeine
  • Having a lot of light in your room
  • Using technology before bed
  • Full or empty stomach
I will now try not to go on technology at night.


What I learnt was that if you sleep in a cold room you are more likely to have nightmares :)))

Watch this Youtube clip to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.